It went through a couple of iterations this week. Here's the first mock up sketch:
The thumbnail was more square, so it took me a few tries to figure out the right scale for the first panel. I decided to remove the smoke from panel 2, since it's pretty obvious in panel 1.
Eventually, I got it close enough to where I wanted it. Here's the final sketch on Bristol board.
I wasn't quite sure how much ink (black) I wanted on this page, so I started a bit small and then tightened things up as I went along. You can see the white circle tighten between this and the next image. I may do still more in the Photoshop/Manga Studio clean-up phase.
Here, the dark circles get tighter in the (possibly) final take. One of my goals in this comic is to learn to use black on black better, and to see how much black I can use and still have a comprehensible image.