Calimbo has found a receipt, and sets out to find more info.
My original plan was to have a 2x2 panel page with all panels of equal size, but that seemed a bit boring to me. "Luckily" I drew C's hand too big when I started the mock up (a not uncommon problem for me), which led me to re-design the page as below. In reading over the whole story, I've noticed that I skimped on backgrounds a bit, and relied a lot on close ups, so I'm trying to work in more middle and long shot scenes.
From this mock up, I re-drew a few of the elements in order to get them right. In the process, I changed the scale of the scenes a bit.
I was also originally planning to have the final panel be a close up on C's face, but that didn't really seem to work. So I left the panel blank until I was ready to ink.
That's when I realized that C "shrinks" in each panel. So I continued the trend, which allowed me to make a symbolic trail of bricks as well. Sometimes the Muse has much better ideas than I do!